Sunday, December 24, 2006

Sunday

Well, we are all happy and excited here. The discharge nurse dropped by today, which was a pleasant surprise as we thought that we wouldn't hear from anyone until Tuesday. She says that he can move on next week. We are waiting on two things: an open bed in Everett and the chest tube coming out. We've found a very hospitable B&B for mom. The proprietress was a rehab nurse and is very welcoming.

On my way to the hospital this morning, I was walking in a daze and missed my turn. I ended up in front of an Episcopal church and was greeted by a friendly deacon. To my surprise I blurted out, "do you bring communion to the hospital?". They do. They did. We had a very small service bedside.

Dad's got the bed all situated so that he can watch the game. Mom and I are feigning interest, but I don't think he is at all fooled.

No comments: