Sunday, July 22, 2007

Birthday Bash

Much progress this week and feeling great. Saw the HP movie last week and also saw
this week. Had a birthday party here today for four family members. MANY family members here with much noise and conversation.

Life is beginning to get good again. Working on getting a Van that I can drive- hope to have some thing within a few months.

Reading the new Harry Potter book - the last one. Kara, Kelli and Suzanne all have finished it thought it was great.

Spend most of the day up in my power wheel chair. Can get around well in the house and the yard. The Whatcom transportation authority is wonderful. They will pick up and take me home from anywhere in Whatcom County for free. I have been out with them about 8 times and will continue to use them until I get a van.

We have gotten our routine down so it is quite manageable for Barb and I. I think my sister and brother in law from Nebraska are coming up for a visit in August. Very much looking forward to having them here.

Will try to post every Sunday.

Don

1 comment:

John said...

Great news! I can't wait to hear what you think of the ending -- sort of a cross between 'The Great Divorce' and 'That Hideous Strength,' with a touch of 'The Last Battle.' Wonderful to hear you're getting around!

The kiddoes and I were up until 4 Sunday morning finishing up 'Deathly Hallows.' It'll be Wednesday before I'm human again.

John, wishing you lived down the street