Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I DON'T KNOW - Why Jesus had to die for our sins or what the connection is between our sins and His death. I don't know how accurate the history is in the Old Testament. I don't know for sure what is literal and what is figurative in the Old Testament. I don't know if Jesus did all the miracles that the New Testament reports He did. I don't know what the term 'inspired' means in II Timothy 3:16 I don't have any idea of how to understand the book of Revelation in the New Testament. I don't know the connections of the story of the Fall and our sinful natures. I don't have any idea how to explain the disconnect between the goodness of God and the pain, suffering and death in the world. I am baffled at the teaching that apparently billions of the 'lost' will be tortured in hell for ever and ever. I don't know how to deal with the clear cut distinction between the righteous and the wicked in the Old Testament. But I do think I know, at His right hand stands one who is the Savior and who said “What is that to thee, follow thou me?”.

No comments: