Saturday, March 10, 2007

a letter from Dad

From Don:

__________________________________________________________________

Dear Faithful and Wonderful Friends Far and Wide,

Too many people have contacted me by various ways for me to be able to write a personal note. Please understand that your cards, phone calls, and emails have been a great encouragement. I won’t deny that lying on my back for three months has been difficult.

I’m delighted to report that next Wednesday on March 14th I am scheduled to be relocated to St Joseph’s Rehabilitation Center, if they have a vacancy. I’ve been told that rehab will take between two and four weeks. There I will learn how to dress myself and how to move from bed to wheelchair to car and to take care of myself. I have been in very little pain and my mind is clear and I am very optimistic about the future.

I hope to spend some time raising funds for International Justice Mission.

I do not understand how people who know not Christ endure the hardships in life.

Best wishes and God’s Blessing to all and with tears in my eyes thinking of all of you.

Don

P.S. My wife and family and Emma-dog have been bricks. They have been here everyday.

No comments: